We all know that video isn’t going anywhere. It is still by far the most powerful way to communicate in a digital environment. Video continues to be used by an overwhelming majority of businesses. Just take a look at some of the statistics as we head into 2023:
- 91% of businesses surveyed use video as a marketing tool in 2023.
- The highest ever proportion of marketers (96%) continue to value video as an ‘important part’ of their marketing strategy.
- 90% say video marketing has helped them generate leads.
- 87% say video marketing has helped them increase sales.
The truth is, there are so many statistics and so much supporting evidence for the efficacy of video for so many different purposes that it is hard for me to choose which ones to include! However, there are still many businesses who are lagging behind when it comes to using video. I have been really interested in the reasoning behind why some businesses are yet to embrace video, and a recent survey by wyzowl provides much insight.
Businesses who were not using video marketing gave the following reasons:
- 30% of people lack the time to create video content
- 18% of people don’t know where to start with creating video content
- 10% of people are unable to convince key decision-makers to invest in video
- 10% of people feel that video is too expensive
- 8% of people don’t create video content because they don’t feel video is needed
- 5% of people are unclear they’ll get a good ROI from creating video content
So much about those answers is fascinating, but i’d like to address the first two which constitute 48% of folks reasons for not engaging with video marketing. To summarise these two points; “when and how?!”.
They are fair points aren’t they? Most people probably don’t have sufficient time in their working weeks, let alone the expertise or equipment, to produce video assets of a high enough quality to be public facing. But don’t worry if you find yourself in this category, because this is why EDEN exists! We specialise in helping brands show off their products and services in the best light by making beautiful product commercials and promotional videos, and we offer this at a price that is right for first time video marketers.
Whether it’s with our help or not, make 2023 the year your business invests in video marketing. See greater visitor retention on your website, increased brand awareness, more lead generation and sales and reduced support queries. And if it’s all a bit too much, then drop us a line, we’d be happy to help whether it’s just offering some advice and guidance or working with you to produce some professional video content!